ABB Recruitment 2020, Diploma/B.E/B.Tech Mechanical or Production Engineer. Jobs Location is Vadodara in India. Apply Now.
ABB has posted new job opening on its career page for Diploma/B.E/B.Tech Mechanical or Production Engineer. Candidates with desired qualifications and experience shall apply online for this ABB Recruitment 2020, Diploma/B.E/B.Tech Mechanical or Production Engineer.
|Position||Regional Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Job Location||Vadodara, Gujarat, India|
|Total Positions||Not Mentioned|
|Education||Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Production|
|Experience||minimum 5-7 years of experience in Casting, Foundering, Quality department|
|Job Publish Date||05 Aug 2020|
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
As a Regional Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be part of Motion business and will be based in Rajkot, Gujarat Location.
Reporting to Supply Quality Manager, will be responsible for protecting customers and ABB via applying supplier quality methodologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Driving supplier qualifications to ensure the supply base is fully qualified and compliant.
- Conducting audits and assessments, and drive gap-closure activities.
- Executing supplier manufacturing readiness via Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) guidelines.
- Approving supplier material, process, project and ultimately part.
- Conducting risk-based surveillance audits of current supply base, and driving supplier closure of all findings.
- Managing relationships at several Motors & Generators factories, which receive product from assigned suppliers.
- Developing, monitoring and reporting supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions.
- Possessing and applying technical knowledge of castings in working with the supply base, to conduct these defined supply quality engineer responsibilities.
- Requiring close cooperation with category teams, Buyers, Quality, Operations, Health Safety & Environment (HSE), Engineering, Research & Development (R&D) and Logistics, amongst others.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Production.
- A minimum 5-7 years of experience in Casting, Foundering, Quality department.
- Good experience in foundries or supporting foundries.
- Good experience in customer of supplier relations (including Quality Engineer, Supply Quality, Customer Account, etc.).
- Fluent in English – written and verbal & good experience in managing US stakeholders.
- Should be flexible in work timings & travel (5-10 %) when needed.
- Strong technical skills in castings.
- Action-oriented, with ability to multitask & manage organizational complexity.
Source: ABB Recruitment 2020