Join Our Journey
Petrofac is recruiting for an Asset Electrical Engineer based at the Aberdeen Bridge View Office.
Forming part of the Asset Delivery Team the key function of the Asset Responsible Electrical Engineer is to provide centralised discipline specific support on electrical engineering matters including the assessment of electrical staff competence in order to support the electrical authorisations process.
Job Specific Duties:
– Co-ordinating with offshore operation personnel for planned and corrective maintenance of fixed and rotating electrical equipment.
– Ensuring by audit that all switching of LV and HV is in accordance with operational procedures, safety principles, legal requirements and that all registers are maintained accurately.
– Managing the relevant vendor activities, materials, spares and performance including input to the Asset Planning process.
– Implement, integrate and review planned maintenance programmes to meet statutory and vendor requirements, ensuring that all work is accurately recorded.
– Visits offshore on a frequency sufficient enough to ensure that knowledge of staff and key problem areas is maintained.
– Supports safety audits, work permit reviews and good engineering practice as required offshore.
– Budget responsibility and control as appropriate.
– Provide support and cover for other asset discipline engineers as required.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent standard and wither be, or working towards being, a Chartered Engineer. They must have proven experience of electrical maintenance with specific emphasis on offshore electrical power generation and maintenance. They must have excellent communication and leadership skills.