Fluor offers jobs and career opportunities in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and maintenance around the world.
Engineer – Project Controls
The purpose of this position is to use established practices and guidelines applying educational knowledge of design engineering principles as listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor’s competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. This position supports the Area Lead or Lead on assigned projects or performs work on routine scope engineering assignments and performs specific and limited portions of engineering assignments.
• Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment, and solve problems of simple engineering complexity
• Review vendor equipment documentation within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Participate in equipment and material procurement activities
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and no required previous years of work-related experience (new graduate); a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Engineer-in-Training achievement status accomplished
• Advanced knowledge of discipline codes and standards, commercial availability and cost of materials
• Practical field experience
• Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet and electronic presentation programs
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.