Egis is a major international group in the construction engineering and mobility services sectors whose unique global service range encompasses infrastructure consulting, engineering and operation. Through our capacity for innovation, we respond to the climate emergency and to the greatest challenges of our time by offering solutions and acknowledged know-how in the areas of transportation and mobility, sustainable city construction, buildings, water, the environment and energy. https://www.egis-group.com
Geotech Expert- Design
- Required a Geotechnical Engineer with experience of working on Underground metro projects with consultancies of repute on projects. Profile requires supporting the design of tunnels and various underground structures such as station buildings, diaphragm wall, deep excavations, piles, retaining walls, micro-tunnels, shafts, ground movement assessment (settlement), building damage impact assessment due to deep excavations, proposal of instrumentation and monitoring, slope stability analysis, Design of Ground Anchors, Geotechnical stability evaluation, finite element analysis of tunnels and underground structures etc.
- Able to specify Geotechnical Investigations by contractors and supervise investigations and testing if necessary,
- Preparation of GIR/GAR from client supplied factual reports,
- Sound knowledge in the delivery of geotechnical tasks, compilation of design documents, production of design reports and drawings
- Liaising with other disciplines within Tunnels and Underground Structures team and other teams
- Sound Knowledge of geotechnical analysis softwares like Plaxis & Wallap
- Knowledge of other relevant geotechnical softwares such as RS2, Unwedge, SlopeW/ ReSSA/STABLE, FLAC, ALL Pile etc. is desirable
- Should have worked with Indian and International codes (IS, BS, EC and AASHTO etc.)
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering with Min 8 years of design experience in Geotechnical analysis and design.
Should have worked in at least one underground metro project with analysis of geotechnical data and provision of analysis/inputs to concerned structural/tunnel expert
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED
Excellent communication skills with strong command over written & spoken English to be able to interact with internal as well as external teams
Ability to make effective scheduling and plan for execution