SENIOR FIELD ENGINEER Mechanical and Public Health 1
Requisition ID: 228547
Leads field engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work within the Mechanical and Public Health disciplines of the project; including knowledge of building management (BMS), and fire systems.
Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidate should have experience of similar scope.
Location : West Sussex, N/A, GB
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational supervision from the Project Field Engineer or assigned Project Package Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate field engineers and others, as assigned.
- Engineering functional to identify and resolve design related issues.
- Project superintendents
- Contractor personnel.
- Airfield and terminal operators, building control, and asset integrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Monitoring Contractor compliance with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements, through inspection and surveillance.
- Lead the review of Contractor delivery plans and procedures.
- Lead the resolution engineering, construction, operational interfaces with project superintendents and other project stakeholders.
- Lead constructability reviews and lessons learned.
- Lead the input to project airport communications.
- Interpret design engineering drawings and specifications.
- Lead the scheduling and review of Contractor detailed design, fabrication and manufacturing design submissions.
- Assist the Project Superintendents and Planners in scheduling and forecasting activities.
- Review Contractor monthly programme submissions.
- Lead the review Contractor 4 weekly rolling schedule.
- Review Field Engineer Daily Construction Reports (DCR).
- Accept Contractor Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Review and accept Contractor inspection and test plans (ITP); conduct quality surveillance, attend hold and witness (inspection and testing) activities and report construction quality issues to the Project Field Engineer.
- Review and expedite final disposition of Requests for Information (RFI), Field Change Documents (FCD) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR).
- Lead and coordinate review of key materials and ensure receipt, storage, withdrawal, installation of materials conforms to project requirements.
- Accept Contractor permits to work.
- Reports installed commodities on the project quantity tracking systems.
- Manages the defect lists for assigned contracts.
- Ensures as built records are progressively maintained.
- Accepts Contractor certification packages.
- Reviews and accept Contractor commissioning deliverables.
- Leads and coordinates the completion and turnover of systems to key stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Manager in assessing payment applications.
- Identify and report project risk, and issues, and support the Project Manager in communicating to the Contractor
- Conduct employee reviews of assigned subordinate personnel.
- Provide input to project reports and key performance indicators.
- Experience managing detailed design, installation, commissioning and handover phases of a project.
- Working knowledge of BSRIA Design Framework for Building Services 5th Edition (BG6/2018)
- Knowledge of BMS, and Fire systems.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, contracts administration (NEC Form) cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of airport projects.
- Experience managing and controlling hazardous energy sources (Lock out, Tag Out )
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Prior experience supervising and administering Contractors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a field engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- All the mandatory training required by Bechtel and GAL as detailed in the Pier 6 Training Matrix.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.