10 – 12 Years Mumbai
- Providing legal support to all the business division including tender support during tendering phase, drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution of contracts in liaison with group & Contracts and Legal Team.
- Good drafting skills with previous experience of drafting different types contracts, MOU’s, terms sheets, agreements.
- Ensuring recovery of outstanding by adopting appropriate legal action.
- Management of customer Variation Requests/Change Orders.
- Establishment and implementation of project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications for both main contracts and subcontracts.
- Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to Legal & Contracts Cell.
- Providing Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Business Head / Legal & Contract Cell.
- Coordinate closely with relevant discipline staff to secure additional financial, contract, and legal support as needed.
- Flagging and highlighting the contractual or legal risks involved in projects under discussion.
- Provide regular reviews and updates on the status of ongoing contracts to Legal & Contract Cell.
- The Incumbent will assume responsibility for all legal contracts and commercial issues pertaining to the SWPL. He will play a major role in ensuring contractual arrangements with clients, subcontractors, suppliers are clear, economical, and efficient and ensure SWPL interests are sufficiently safeguarded.
- He would also be responsible for supporting the sales teams, project execution teams, assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from sales pitch until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong communication skills – English language fluency;
- Analytical skills.
- Proficient ability in Computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Presentations and project/supply chain management software, if any.
- Organizational skills and flexibility to complete critical tasks on time.
A Self Starter with ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player and significant experience in negotiating with stakeholders and suppliers, is required.
- Technical Competencies:
- University Degree in Law / Engineering / NICMAR PG Course.
- Experience in EPC / T&D / MEP Projects (min 8-10 years).
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and interpreting complex and sizeable contracts, preferably within the EPC Parameters in Power Projects.
- Strong fundamentals and understanding of Contract Law, Arbitration Laws Statutory Requirement applicable to such Contracts.
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG:B.Tech/B.E. – Electrical, Any Specialization, Mechanical, LLB – Law